It has a complete mode of reefer cargo services that ensures the due-time release of fast-moving drugs and vaccines or perishable goods to destined places all over the world. It is specially designed to provide room for the frozen and chilled products using refrigerated containers and suitable stuffing. The reefer units are well-equipped with microprocessor controllers and mechanical flowcharts. Due to the diversified requisites of the clients, Controlled Atmosphere(CA) containers are used that retain perfect conditions for delicate and sensitive agricultural or veterinary products.The features of this service are as follows.
- State-of-the-art fleet of reefer containers;
- Sufficient equipmental support;
- Absolute control of temperature using digital electronic system;
- Remote monitoring system on the route;
- Use of environmental refrigerant;
- Improvised protection system against cargo mess up;
- Extra care for the containers at the transit points;
Checklist for Reefer Cargo
- Ensure only clean reefer container is accepted from depot
- Check that unit is set at the correct carrying temperature
- Check that ventilation is set at the correct level in cbm/hour (for frozen cargo, ventilation is always CLOSED)
- When using Automatic Ventilation – check that AV+ is activated
- Check that Humidity Control is set at the correct level (for frozen cargo humidity control is always OFF)
- Observe the use of adequate packaging material
- Cargo should be pre-cooled to the carrying temperature (with only minor deviations, depending on the commodity)
- Airflow should not be restricted by the cargo or packaging material
- Do not stuff cargo above the height of the red load-line
- Container doors should be closed immediately after the stuffing has been completed and a seal securely affixed
- Container should be plugged into a stable power source as soon after the stuffing as possible
Stowing the Container
- Stowing the cargo must be done quickly and efficiently and the surface/pallet packing must bekept intact.
- The surfaces/pallets should not be stacked by a fuel motor forklift as its gas emissions may damage the cargo.
- If the packing is damaged during stowage, do not load the produce.
- Damaged fruit may have a bad effect on the rest of the fruit in the container.
- The container should be opened as close as possible to the cold warehouse. The refrigeration unit should not be operated prior to/or during stowing.
- After closing the container, the refrigeration unit should be activated.
- The only person authorized to lock the container with a security seal is the storage person (not a driver or any other party). The container seal number must not be uncovered and should be clear and legible
To Ensure Uninterrupted Airflow
- Do not leave excess space between the cargos.
- Do not leave excess space in front of the door.
- Do not leave excess space in front of the machinery.
- Leave enough space between the cargo and the doors to allow unhindered air circulation.
- Do not stow goods above the red line.
- The air vents should be set according to your
- The container is in good working order.
- If you have ordered a generator, ensure that it is in good working order and that the fuel tank is full.
- The temperature has been set as required.
- Air vent openings have been set as required.
- The container is sealed with a high security seal.
- The stickers are applied as required.
- The driver is instructed that it is his duty to ensure that the container is working throughout the land transportation leg and that in case of any mishap he must report the incident immediately and receive proper instructions.
- During the waiting period at the entrance to the terminal/port the container is in good working order.
- After discharge at the terminal/port, the container is connected to the electricity source immediately.
Sensitive Care in Cargo Stuffing:
- Suitable Loading and Maintenance of Airflow
Consequence: The flow of air protects the goods in the natural way.
- Extra Vacuum among the Goods
Consequence: This space ensures out-of-the-way to the end.
- Front-side Placement of the Goods
Consequence: This stops the circulation of the inner air.
- Rear-side Placement of the Goods
Consequence: This prevents the failure of cooling and successive damages.